Welcome to the Dumb Runner Track Club, the only running club devoted in equal parts to running, pie, and laughter—not necessarily in that order.
Membership has several benefits, but also a few rules and requirements...
RULES & REQUIREMENTS
- The first rule of Dumb Runner Track Club is: You do talk about Dumb Runner Track Club. Every chance you get, and the louder the better. Talk about DRTC to friends, family, coworkers, strangers in elevators, everyone. Basically, you should not shut up vis-à-vis DRTC.
- As a member of DRTC, you shall learn—and live—the Dumb Runner Manifesto, i.e.
- Running should be simple. Period.
- There is beauty in every run, if you take the time to look. Music, too, if you listen for it.
- Laughter is good. So is pie. More of both, please.
- DRTC members should strive to do at least one thing on each and every run to make the world a little bit better: Pick up a piece of litter. Smile and say hello to a stranger. Compliment somebody. Pause your run to help someone out (however they need help). Be a mobile hotspot—but for kindness, not Wi-Fi.
- When running or racing under the DRTC name, remember that you are representing not just yourself but all DRTC members. So don't be a dick.
As a DRTC member, you also enjoy many perks and benefits. These include:
- Best-in-class camaraderie
- Access to the DRTC Facebook group (you must request to be added)
- A free beer (or other beverage of your choice) if you and I ever actually meet in person, which I hope we do
- Training and racing advice from yours truly
- The ability to wear DRTC apparel without feeling like a fraud
Speaking of which: We offer a broad array of official DRTC gear. You can see a sampling in the galleries below; for more, please visit the Dumb Runner Shop on Threadless.com.